The Roads and Works Department is the engineering Division of the Council and its main objective is to facilitate the efficient delivery of service in relation to the development and maintenance of the following areas:
- Parochial infrastructure, such as roads and bridges
- Public amenities, which include public sanitary conveniences, abattoirs, markets and cemeteries
- Minor water supply operations
- Transportation centres car park and municipal buildings
- Technical expertise in the regulation of building, subdivision and other.
The Roads and Works Department is one of the primary executing bodies for the Municipal Corporation planning related matters. The demand for better roads in the parish is one that continuously grows with every passing day. We try our very best to meet these demands as best as our budgetary constraints allow us to.