The Administrative Departments mandate is to ensure the smooth running of internal operations at the Municipal Corporation. Much of the work carried out in this department is done behind the scenes. Areas of responsibility include:
- Complaints – accept letters of complaints and direct them to the appropriate department.
- Human Resource - employment issues including conducting interviews, job descriptions, performance appraisals, leave, training, promotions and pensions and Insurance of council assets.
Co-ordination of Council Committees-secretarial services for committees, help prepare submissions to council and other government departments/agencies. Purchasing-equipment and supplies. Planning-civic events and conferences such as Heroes Day function and Marcus Garvey birthday celebration among others. The Administrative Department has been working tirelessly over the past financial year to ensure that the department mandate is fulfilled. In achieving this, a number of activities were carried out and tasks were completed.
- Complaints – accepts letters of complaint and directs them to the appropriate department
- Human Resources – employment issues including conducting interviews, job descriptions, performance appraisals, leave, training, promotions & pensions
- Co-ordination of Council committees – secretarial service for committees, help prepare submissions to council & other government departments\agencies
- Purchasing – equipment & supplies
- Planning – civic events & conferences such as Heroes day function and Marcus Garvey birthday celebration.
- Insurance of council assets
The Information Technology Department of the St. Ann Municipal Corporation directly serves the internal publics of the organization. The department is responsible for the proper running and maintenance of the information technology systems within the council. This encompasses building and maintaining computer systems so as to effectively and efficiently serve the staff members within the organization so that they can, by extension, sufficiently serve the people of St. Ann. The department also has the responsibility of designing basic programs.